Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All that I left behind...

Somehow, I felt uneasy. Something was asphyxiating me. Was it lack of air? May be. It is that air which others also breathe. I didn’t know what to do. They call it presence of mind. But groping madly in the darkness to tell others that they deprived me of oxygen isn’t exactly presence of mind. They were so very mean. Never before in my all these years of existence had I seen such people. Were they the same people who surrounded me and smiled when I looked at them and sympathized with me when I was sad? I believe it is my fault. My mind had been shrouded by gullibility all these years. Oh boy! What agony it was… How am I ever to feel better while carrying this mental stigma with me? As an infant the air was all around me. I used to feel it inside me, in my veins, my heart, my mind and my soul. But now? Things have changed so much. I longed to go back to those wonderful days of existence. Suddenly, I noticed that I couldn’t do that too. I opened my eyes and felt the metamorphosis. There was an infinite wall that separated me from that side of the world. I noticed my faint reflection in that transparent wall. The monster I had become, horrified me out of my wits. I looked around me and found everyone to be the same. There was hatred, jealousy, greed, and anguish all around. They detest me from what I am and what I am going to be. Perhaps, I can do without air in this environment or may be I will learn to live without it. Only time will tell. The symptoms are suggestive of that. Will it be difficult? I don’t know. I only know that this is the order of the world. Like it or not. It’s not my choice. They wanted me to become like that. God knows what the future holds for me. I can only hope for the best and that’s what I am hoping.

0 comments: