Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I saw it yesterday. Pulp Fiction was the first Tarantino flick I saw.(I wouldn't recommend you doing that as you may not be that sportsmanlike) It was very bizarre. I had great difficulty understanding the non-linear structure(and was later rescued by Wikipedia). There was just no explanation for half of the things and were added just for fun and lending the movie its characteristic style. Nevertheless, I greatly appreciated this style.

After Reservoir Dogs and Death Proof this is my fourth tryst with Tarantino's eccentricity. I can only say that my admiration for the director has increased. A simplistic plot proceeds smoothly as various sequences pay homage to the great Japanese samurai movies and other great genres. I noticed one little point of interest. Every so often the camera moved to the feet of a person. It seemed strange to suddenly witness the feet of a person(specially women's) as the movie was going on. Is it the director's obsession or just what they call "reading too much between the lines"?

0 comments: